Radiesse treatment designed for Orange County patients’ comfort, longer-term results in mind
Radiesse is uniquely designed to produce immediate improvement in the appearance of facial lines, wrinkles and folds while stimulating changes to underlying tissue for results that can last for up to 1 year or longer.
This mix of immediate improvements and the gradual appearance of optimal, lasting results comes courtesy of the filler’s calcium microspheres. These calcium beads are similar to substances found naturally in the body, which makes Radiesse a safe filler that does not require allergy testing like other products made from synthetic or animal-based materials. These beads are suspended in a gel, which can then be injected into the treatment area.
If it is determined that Radiesse is well-suited to treat lines and wrinkles in the lower third of your face, here are some of the steps you can expect to encounter with treatment:
- Numbing lidocaine may be added to the filler for added comfort.
- The solution is injected under the skin via a fine needle or cannula.
- The filler may be administered to multiple treatment areas, which may include around the nose and mouth, the chin, and along the jawline.
- Once injected, the calcium-based solution immediately plumps up the treatment area and corrects contour irregularities on the surface.
- Results from treatment will continue to be seen for up to a year (or more) as the solution prompts your body to make more collagen.
- The gel is naturally absorbed and safely eliminated, leaving behind only new, natural collagen.
The ability for Radiesse to replenish collagen is important. This protein is responsible for the firmness of the skin. When you are young, collagen is produced in abundance. Over time the body produces less of this substance on its own, which contributes to sagging, folds and changes to the shape and contours of the face.
Radiesse treatment in our Orange County office usually takes no longer than an hour. You can be on your way and able to perform most activities immediately. However, it is advised that you avoid significant movement, massaging, makeup and sun or heat exposure to the injection site for the first 24 hours after treatment. Patients most commonly reported mild and temporary bruising, redness, tenderness and itching. For natural results that last, call (949) 531-7111 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Arta Farshidi.
Back to Radiesse Page