Are you plagued by wrinkles and sagging in Newport Beach CA? Radiesse offers a lasting answer
You can discover your new skin, discover a new you with Radiesse. Unlike the many popular hyaluronic-acid based dermal fillers such as Restylane and Juvéderm, Radiesse’s unique design adds volume and soften wrinkles on many different areas of the face. This safe, effective, and long-lasting filler may also be used on the hands, which often give away chronological age due to the effects of sun exposure.
You can see satisfied patients’ before and after photos on this website. Notice how Radiesse has improved lines, folds, and shallow areas caused by normal aging and other lifestyle factors such as smoking and tanning.
You can enjoy improvements to areas such as:
- Smile lines — Folds caused by repeated expressions, which run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines — Creases that run down from the corners of the mouth toward the jawline
- Oral commissure — Shallow or depressed areas located at the corner of the mouth, which can make you look like you’re always frowning
- Pre-jowls — The result of lost volume, these folds are located on either side of the chin and are caused by sagging tissues
- Chin lines — Prominent length-wise dimpling on the chin that distracts from your smile
- Frown lines — Either vertical lines between the eyebrows or horizontal wrinkles on the forehead, which get their name from repeated facial expressions over time
Botox is associated with correcting lines on the upper part of the face. Dermal fillers are associated with correcting lines on the lower third of the face. Radiesse is designed to correct lines located on the upper and lower parts of the face.
Its versatility doesn’t stop with the ability to safely and precisely treat many portions of the face. While some fillers are designed to smooth lines and others are best to add volume to sunken or flat areas such as the cheeks, Radiesse both adds volume and softens creases. It may be used on the mid-face, as well as the chin and lips.
Why is Radiesse so different?
Many dermal fillers such as Juvéderm are so popular, because they are made from a natural lubricating substance found in the joints, eyes, and skin: Hyaluronic acid (HA). HA-based gel fillers add volume to some parts of the face by binding to water. Once injected into targeted tissues, they act like a cushion to fill in depressed areas and soften lines. These types of fillers can last many months and sometimes up to a year with optimal treatment.
Radiesse is made calcium hydroxylapatite. This type of particles is found in the bones and teeth. When suspended in a water-based gel, the particles may be injected into the treatment area by way of a fine needle. These unique calcium-based microspheres stimulate the body to make natural collagen.
As you get older, your body produces less of this firming protein and you begin to see loose skin and folds on formerly taut and youthful contours. Since Radiesse produces changes underneath the surface of the skin, you can enjoy a smoother, fuller appearance for at least a year. Over time the body will safely absorb Radiesse. The new collagen is left behind.
You may like what you read about and see on this website’s “before and after” photos. Yet Dr. Farshidi won’t know if this type of filler is best for you until after a Radiesse consultation in Newport Beach CA. Contact the local office of Arta Dermatology at (949) 531-7111 for appointments.
Back to Radiesse Page