Is it possible to achieve subtle rejuvenation with a dermatologist near me in Orange County?
Anti-aging treatments have improved a great deal in recent decades. No longer must we choose between an aged appearance and cosmetic surgery. The surgical tightening of loose skin may produce an almost-immediate change, but it also comes with risk. Typically, we will consider the inherent risk of surgery. Cutting away loose skin, however, also carries the risk of altering the natural look of the face.
Loose skin is the result of a number of changes in the body. When only the symptom is addressed, such as through surgical lifting procedures, the overall result may be somewhat lacking. To correct the signs of aging, it is necessary to consider the cause. The skin changes with age largely because the supportive matrix of fibers that exists just beneath the surface breaks down. This matrix is made up of collagen. With age, the body produces less of this substance and is thus unable to keep up with the skin’s needs. Surgery may tighten skin that has become saggy, but it does not restore collagen to the tissues.
Dermatologic solutions to aging
One of the most sought-after treatments today is Sculptra, an injectable solution that is often mistaken for a dermal filler. Sculptra is actually poly-L-lactic-acid, a substance that stimulates the replenishment of collagen through natural means. With a few comfortable treatments, it is possible to regain definition and volume in the right areas to achieve natural beauty. Sculptra is beneficial in a number of ways:
- Comfortable treatment produces no lasting side effects so normal activities can be immediately resumed.
- Sculptra stimulates the natural production of collagen, producing completely natural results!
- Results from treatment are subtle, progressing over several months as collagen lifts and tightens the skin.
- Sculptra is safe and gentle enough to be combined with other anti-aging treatments.
- Due to increased collagen, the skin is beautifully supported for up to two years.
Dr. Arta Farshidi is known in Orange County for her personable nature and her skill at providing gentle treatments that get results. Trust in the skill of your board-certified dermatologist to achieve healthier, more attractive skin that you love. Call (949) 531-7111.
Back to Sculptra Page