First-time patients in Newport Beach discover Botox cosmetic treatment
Botox cosmetic treatment is very popular at Arta Dermatology in Newport Beach. Nearly three million people in America have had Botox because it is fast, safe, and effective. Many of our new patients explore cosmetic dermatology, starting with Botox. If you’d like to give it a try, here is some information you should know.
Botox is the trade name for a natural purified protein. Injected into precise points on the face, it blocks chemical signals sent by nerves that tell muscles to contract. Those contractions are normally repeated hundreds of times each day or held for long periods of concentration. That contributes to the vertical lines between your eyebrows, horizontal forehead furrows, and crow’s feet. When facial muscles do not receive orders from nerves to contract, they remain relaxed, providing a smooth foundation for skin.
The Botox procedure is brief and well tolerated by most patients. At Arta Dermatology, the process usually goes like this:
- You schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Farshidi. She examines your skin and takes time to understand your facial rejuvenation goals. The doctor needs to know if you have had any type of botulinum injections in the last four months, and if you take medications.
- If you are a good candidate for Botox (most patients are), your first treatment is arranged. The doctor provides instructions for continuing or skipping regular medications prior to your first treatment session.
- Botox cosmetic treatment is done at our office. It usually isn’t necessary, but if you have very sensitive skin you may be numbed with an injection, topical cream, or cold spray.
- Dr. Farshidi has already prepared a customized treatment plan, so the appointment takes only about 30 minutes. Tiny amounts of Botox are injected into skin and muscle with a very fine needle.
- There’s no downtime. You are free to return to work or other activities right after your appointment. It is important not to rub your face for a day or two– that can push the Botox into other areas.
- Side effects such as redness, bruising, or swelling are unusual. When they do occur, they are mild and quite temporary.
- You begin to see changes within a few days, and continued improvement for about a month.
- Your refreshed look lasts for approximately four months, so it is a good idea to schedule periodic touch-ups.
Join the many happy residents of the Newport Beach area who look as young as they feel with Botox. Call Arta Dermatology at (949) 531-7111 to get started.
Back to Contact Us Page